Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Day At Botanic Garden

My sometimes embarrasing Ummi was so excited that the Circle Line is fully operational now and serves most of the attractions in Singapore. A week before our return, she had our itinerary properly planned & yesterday, it was to the Botanical Garden.

It was scorching hot everywhere! Well, I really think someone should offer the weather man an ice cool popsicle or something. He has been very moody these few weeks being indecisive about the weather and all. I bet he's teething or something. I would offer him my fruity popsicles but my Mdm Scrooge of a mom limits my intake to just twice a week. How can I share something that I count as luxury right? No can do. So ya. Some adults please. Give that man a Popsicle! Why not ask my Mom you asked? Don't you read that Mdm Scrooge part I wrote up there? Pfft.

Wait. I was supposed to write about the Botanic Garden, right? Wasted a whole paragraph talking about something else, you see! Can't blame me, really. I have an attention span of a toddler. It sways like a... Okay! About my trip to the Garden.
It was such a huge place man! (by the way, I like to end my sentence with man, man! I thinks its cool) I heard Ummi said she didn't know Botanic Garden was THAT BIG! Ya... Ya... Ummi. & I grew up thinking you know everything. Chey!


I saw lots and lots of trees! I saw Dinosaurs lurking behind the bigger trees! I saw Dinosaurs eating the leaves, munching the branches & licking the barks of the big trees! I told Ummi that & she agreed with me too! I don't know if she really see what I saw because I heard her telling my Nyai, I have an imagination the size of a T-Rex. From Dr Seuss storybooks she likes to read me, I know that imagination means things are happening only in my head. So that means, even when she said yes to sharing my Dinosaur sightings, she was just doing it to entertain my imaginations only la? Pfft. You cheat my feelings Ummi. Hmph! Donch care! I say I saw Saur, I saw Saur! There! One more over there!


Oh! No! That just ducks! Funny how the ducks in Botanic Garden are brown in colour. I thought Ducks are supposed to be white & yellow? No? Hmmmm... Ummi & Nyai insisted those were ducks. I tried to imitate their sound & guess what?! They quack-ed back! So they were Ducks. I guess, they're browned due to the heat. Tanned darks they are.

At first, there was just one baby duck (Ummi said it was a duckling but I think baby duck sounds better man! so yah! its baby duck from hereon) waddling beside me. It was so cute. So tiny... Sekali, dia panggil members daaaa.


So many ducks started swimming towards me. I was scared man! Ummi told me there was nothing to be scared of, the ducks were just hungry. I braved myself & offered the ducks my fingers. But I think, they thought my fingers were yucky cos they started dispersing thereafter. Pfft. Fine. I'll bring breads next time & you'll be begging me then, you duckies! Just you wait!


After our encounter with Ducks, we walked & walked & walked till we reached the Healing Garden, Ginger Garden & Orchid Garden. All the walking made me very sweaty. But I had so much fun! I touched so many different textures of leaves. There's one bunch of leaves which closes at my slightest touch. Nyai said those are Daun Malu Malu (mimosa). I don't really know what Malu Malu means. But Ummi likes to say "Ayden! You tak tau malu one!" whenever I run out of the shower towel-less. I guess, it means the same. Those leaves need to be covered with a towel too. Weird man! It was so hot, I'd rather strip naked.

Strip naked I did... Not! Haha! You thought you'd see my hot body in here huh? That calls for an entry by itself man! Awah (that's what I call my dad. Ayah is too common sounding, I prefer the cooler Awah) always pointed out the piano on my body. I'm cool or what man?! I have a Piano attached on me! You wanna see? You wanna see? Next time k? Heh. I'll take pictures of them & share with you all. I know how to take a picture you know... Like this! I'll go, Chekiccckkkkk!


So anyway, we spent about 3 hours in the Botanic Garden. I saw swans too! But the swans were scared to come out from under the shady area of the lake so Ummi couldn't take any pictures. I bet the swans were scared of turning brown under the scorching sun like the tanned ducks we saw. Haha!
This is me at the end of our trip. Sweaty, cranky, wet & hungry. But Botanic Garden was a very fun place man! You all should ask your parents to bring you too. I saw adults sleeping at the benches around the garden. So, ya! Ask your parents along and tell them they can sleep on the benches if they're tired. Really! I don't bedek one! Heh!

Okay. Its time for my nap. I just got back from the Library. So tired man! I am still, but a 23 month old boy. I'll write again soon! Till then... Toodle doo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment