Monday, May 14, 2012

Dear Chic: 26 November 2009




We met again today. Seeing you jumping & turning in your own little world was indeed a sight to behold. Mommy was elated & smiled widely throughout the Ultrasound session. I'm growing a human in me you 'all! ;)

I hope you're not claustrophobic like your dad (which I'm sure you're not). Cos if you are, you'd be out, asking for a bigger space by now. Which you didn't and we're oh so glad.

We made it through the 'critical' stage. Yeah to US! Now, it's just about you, me & daddy enjoying your growing & development phase. Psst! Daddy has been extra nice to mommy these past weeks (not that he hasn't before)! You're surely enjoying this extra care too right Chic? Or at least I am. (now which restaurant for dinner tonight?) Heh!

Today marks your 3rd month. 12th long weeks! Time sure flew by fast! According to Dr Surinder (he is a very nice man by the way so please Chic. Do not jump around when he's trying to see you on his black & white monitor. He needs to see you!) , you're growing healthily in me. Despite my hatred of any other nutritional food except Chicken (explains your nick, Chic), you're looking fine & dandy. With no worries of the world! Good! Mommy & Daddy wants you to be a happy baby. With all the uncertainties and "surprises", life presents us both, we believe they are just there, so we can be really happy when you finally arrive.

Never in my wildest imagination had I see myself being pregnant much less, a mommy. If you can hear me all along, you'd know how much I dreaded being fat & wide due to pregnancy. The trauma of the messy labour (Eeewwww). Those that are close to me, are well aware of my take on procreating. Well, if the sex is good, why bother spoiling it with the pressure of getting Knocked Up? Right? Well......

I'm sorry sweetheart. Mommy had been a noisy whack. If I had known that the feeling is this beautiful, I would have shut my gap. You are indeed my ultimate endorphin. Being pregnant has indeed been a wonderful experience, thus far. True that with great power comes great responsibility. But you our dear, is worth every pain, every discomfort and every weight gain in the world.

At 5cm long, you are smaller than mommy's thumb. But, it's amazing to know that right now, you may be sucking you own little thumb yourself. "Get that tiny thumb out now you young fella!" ;) You have a fully operational brain now. Good! I'm gonna try to be less lazy and read more. There's no excuse to be dumb now since I have two operating brains in me right? Right!

Ah! & Now, if Daddy wants to argue with me on certain facts (which sadly baby, is his favorite past time) , I can tell him there's no way he is right as I have more brains than him. Come on Chic, be with me on this. We have to defeat your dear stubborn 'ol daddy (who finds pleasure in seeing me sulk. Pfft) whenever & wherever.

We have names ready for you. We're THAT excited. We watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 every single day so that we can learn how to discipline you li'l bub, in a smart way. (Well, I also silently pray that you will be as adorable & cheeky as either Alexis, Aaden or Collin) Yes.

Oh! We've also been to a few Baby Stores, sourcing for a nice Car Seat & Stroller for you. Daddy wants the car seat to fit nicely into his Grand Vitara. I want your Stroller to be as stylish as The Grand Vitara. Heh. We're too-eager parents. But then, we remember that first, you'll need bottles, clothes & such. The Car Seat & Stroller are of mere importance, compared to the rest. Pfft. We'll visit the Baby Stores again when I am bigger. Or at least till, we know your gender.

We'll make another trip to Tropicana Medical Centre to see you again, a day before Christmas. Till then Chic, Stay Healthy. Stay Chirpy. & You better be ready with a nicely wrapped X'mas present for mommy & daddy. We'll expect some stunts by you that day.

Can't wait to see you again!

Love
Mommy & Daddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment