Saturday, May 19, 2012

Water for Life

Hi ya'll! How has your Saturday been so far? I hope its was a splendid one like mine. I spent it sleeping most of the time, Heh! Only a sleepyhead like me appreciates a sleep in, stay in Saturday, or any other day for that matter! Lol!

Our current theme is Water. So Ummi brought me to see more water features around town before we leave. After the Duck pond & Swan lake at the Botanic Garden & double sea adventures last weekend, we went to swim at a local pool (pool is my favourite place on earth!). Ummi said, the pool is no way as clean as the one back at The Club so we swam only for a while. But we went after a heavy thunderstorm! Of course the pool is left dirty after the rain Ummi! Duh!

We also paid the iconic Singapore River a walking visit! Why walking visit you asked? Cause we walked from Lavender all the way to Raffles Place, Stopping by for lunch at Bugis, did a little shopping at City Hall, detoured to Chinatown and finally joined all the serious looking men & women in ties at Raffles Place.

Well, the adults walked. I was just sitting in my Ferrari, being pushed like a boss who is annoyed at the scorching hot weather, that's burning my fair baby bottom skin. Phew! That's a mouthful of a sentence! *swallowsaliva*

Along our walking journey, we came across so many beautiful water fountain features. Ummi told me that those are not just for decorative purposes, some cultures & customs believe that water represents wealth, so putting a water fountain in front of a building means the building will be wealthy... Eh? Errrr... Something like that one la. I will make my own water fountain at our own Villa! I will make one that will pour water all over our porch, non stop. The wetter, the wealthier I guess. Heh!

The river water was brown in colour. Looks like the Teh Tarik Kurang Manis my Awah loves. So not like the clean streaming river I saw in Janda Baik, Pahang. I guess, that is because, Janda Baik was made for nature & recreation while Singapore River was mostly used for transporting & commuting. I saw colourful bumboats gliding thru the water with ease. I was amazed by how the brown river water could withstand the weight of the bumboats and the people in it. But I didn't ask Ummi that cause I know how she is so bad at explaining logics of Science. I'll save that question for my Awah.

After covering river and fountains, I was brought to visit a canal very close to my Gramps place. Canals are smaller than rivers but the colour of the water is still the same, brown. Yucks! My trip to the canal was cut short though. Very short as I fell down while running excitedly on the jogging path. I fell face first and hurt my right cheek, all the way to my upper lips.

It was painful but being the strong boy who is very easily distracted that I am, I cried for less than a minute before forgetting about the pain and paid attention to the lovely budding Ixoras.

I went back to my Gramps and was nursed lovingly by my Mak. Apart from a little swelling & red looking right cheek & upper lip, I am fine. I even told Ummi, the pain is gone. Dah! Takdeeee! No sick! Heh! I love seeing the relieved faces of Mak, Ummi and Bapak when I told them that I am fine. I hate making them worried.

Awah was proud of me for being so strong. I love to make my Awah proud. We share so many traits, I love my Awah so much u see. :)

So... yah! We have covered pond, lake, sea, river, fountain & canal. Ummi said she has more water places to bring me to. Reservoirs, Dams and Waterfalls! I am so looking forward to visiting these places. Till then, (or my other adventures, whichever comes first) I bid you all good night, sleep tight & sweet dreams!

Children! Do not forget to salam the hands of your elderly before going to bed. I do that every night. I even reward them with wet kisses on the mouth. Our moms, dads, gramps & caretakers did so much to make our day a beautiful, educational & food-filling one, the least we could do is to salam & kiss them, just to thank them. Must remember okay! I sometimes forget, but Ummi reminded me everytime. My Ummi did those to her parents till after she is married to my Awah, and that is simply because, they moved out. So, follow my Ummi nightly routine I shall. A practice worth inheriting I must say. :)

Till next entry ya'll. Much loves!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment