Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby A, Life at 23 Weeks: 11 February 2010

My Lovely Baby A,


When you're old enough to read this, do remember that today, 11 February 2010, your Daddy sacrificed his biggest passion for you. His sleep. :p


He started work at 8.00am yesterday. Wrapped very late & reached home only at 6.15am this morning. Slept (or rather napped) for an hour or so. Woke up and off we went to see you at our 8.30am appointment. Yes. Your daddy has been up, toiling & working for 24 hours straight and he still pluck up enough strength to see you, his son in all of your crowning (naked) glory through the ultrasound scan monitor. He loves you that much. So, remember my young Padawan. Your daddy is a wonderful man you should grow up into. Don't be a Mat Rempit or the likes okay?! :)


Have you realised, we've been spending days with Daddy in thick jungles, pond, rivers and cemeteries these days? I'm sorry. I'm much too scared to stay alone in our too big of a house while your dad is away for days, sometimes weeks for shoots in Batang Kali. So ya. I carry you with me and let you be surrounded by Daddy's fictional (& sometimes very real) ghosts & ghouls. I've been a very BAD mummy. Defying all taboo & pantang just so, we, can be close to your Daddy all the time. I hope, you'll come out brave and strong! Cos, that is what I have been (or been trying to be) this past month.


You may say, Daddy & me is prepping you for NS life my boy. Yes. That is something that you will have to do in the future. Don't ever think you're gonna escape the rigorous National Service training just because you're gonna be born and bred in Malaysia. No thanks to your Singaporean Mom & Daddy, you're gonna have a pink IC & be called to serve the nation. Don't worry. Your Daddy enjoyed them. He will tell you loads of his army stories, every night, during your bedtime. You'll enjoy them as much as me and million other people Daddy has repeatedly told them to. :)



Your dad's probably gonna kill me for doing this but look at that Baby A! Wasn't your Daddy such a Darling...? This wasn't taken during his NCC days by the way. This was when he was in the Singapore Armed Force!(I don't think your sweet old man will hurt me. Maybe he'll just spank! Hard! Which I like by the way.)

So, Moving on...

After 3 weeks of incessant kicking inside of me to mark your presence, today, we saw you so big & hyper for real! You've grown so much my love. With a blink of an eye, you're now a real doll-sized human with feelings & actions. Seeing you in your acrobatic stance made me teared. You're so beautiful my son.

We did a detailed scanning of you today (which cost so bloody much GOD-HELP-US. We're going to keep them receipts and make you work hard to pay us back! Heh! Okay. I'm kidding! Just get a good, well paying job and feed us well when we're old. Don't put us up in nursery homes okay! If you do! You can forget about having a nice cosy nursery to sleep and play in!) *_*


So there, you were given a Right Tick for every column. Woo hoo! There Darling. A Right Tick is what I want to see more in the future. No 'X' okay? Cos that's a BAD sign. Not good. Got it? Clever Boy!

Everything seems perfectly fine. The Sonographer went on & on about this part and that part of your li'l body I know nuts about. All we cared was the part where she says you were normal, healthy & kicking actively. Seeing your tiny little fingers spread widely, as if you're waving at us, again, made me teared. Your gaping mouth making a circle as if you wanna say Hello to us, made my knees go weak (thank god I was lying on the bed!). & Your tiny feet! Ready to stamp my tummy wall! MasyaAllah! Such a beautiful creation you are!

 

Mommy is at 66.3kg thus far. Very heavy. So heavy that if I topple on top of your daddy, he'll be crushed. You don't wanna have that right? A crushed daddy? So please Baby A. PLEASE. Stop being hungry all the time and make mommy your scapegoat! (Don't tell me it works the other way round! Hmmmm...)


See that?! How BIG ur mom is now? Compare me with your hunky dory father. Yes! Now, I look more like his mom then his wife. Ewww! Incest! I know! (on a side note, I also agree that this photo was unfairly & candidly taken from a very wrong angle altogether. I would have pose better if I was told to. Hmph!)

So, Baby A! We have to work together on this okay. You don't want a Big Momma swaddling the little tiny you when you are born right? Imagine! It's gonna be scary okay! What you want is a sexy hot mommy to greet you hello when you come into this world. Yes. Me. Sexy. So, let's curb both of our appetites for a better & pleasant future together.

Till next month my dear... Do grow well & healthy. & Stay active! I love your kicks, however often I complained about them. They are what I look forward to everyday. So please kick more! I promised to be less clumsy and more careful (the not so occasional hard knocks you felt recently was the result of me not being that. Careful. You have a klutzy mum love.)

We miss you already. & We love you so much.
Mommy & Your Zombie Daddy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment