Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby A writes: 9 April 2010

Hi everybody!
It's ME! Baby A (Or Ayden Farish. I don't know why Mommy still calls me Baby A in her writings when half of the world population already knows my name. Adults confuse and bemuse me sometimes).

So, Mommy is taking the back seat (or rather the Editorial seat cos she is so gonna vet this note once i'm done. What did I told you about adults?) this time around and told me to do the writing (or rambling, whichever). So here goes. Don't say I bore you (even if I do) cos babies don't usually receive objection/criticism well. You don't want me to start smirking my tiny pouty mouth and go into a screaming and crying fiesta do you? No? Good Choice! So, bear with me and 'pretend' that you enjoy my writing.

So, I am already 30 weeks young. & I'm getting too big for Mommy's small tight space (not that she is any smaller considering the 17 kg she has successfully gained so far. Ooppss! She'll read this right?? Daym!) So! What have I been doing in this little sac of mine all day? Other than twirl, turn & jump (literally but I never get that far) I have also mastered the art of thumb suckling, smiling, pooping, peeing, sleeping and winking (Daddy says the winking part is crucial to master. It'll get me girls in the future & I like girls! Thanks Daddy! Good advice there!)

So, if you guys did your Maths well in school, you guys should be able to back count and realise "OMG! Ayden! You were conceived in September last year! You're a Raya Baby!" (Well, even if you didn't do well in Maths, I still love you. Wait?! What is Maths again?) Anyways... Ya! Mommy and Daddy got excited some time during Raya and here am I. I don't know. Maybe those lontongs, ketupats & kuih tart made my parents grow horns or something.


Or maybe it is just my turn already. Mommy told me about the bird & the bee theory? You know? No? Frankly, I know nuts too. Mommy wasted her time telling! Pfft.


So! After mommy missed her 'that time of the month' that month, Mommy got excited & anxious (adults = confused). She texted Daddy every other hour saying that she thinks she is pregnant. Daddy, being the very patient man that he is, entertains Mummy's every text with, "We'll buy a Home Test Kit tonight k baby." So, that night, they went to this place called Giant (I don't know why but the name gives me goosebumps!) and got themselves that Home Test Kit.

Upon reaching home, Mommy is excited yet scared to test it out (Truth is, she had peed on such stick 3 times before and all had shown negative sign so Mummy is kinda phobia of getting disappointed. Again). Daddy suggested that they sleep it off and test it in the morning. BIG mistake. Mommy agrees to Daddy's suggestion but she ended up NOT sleeping the whole night tossing and turning in anticipation for morning to come (just to pee on a stick?! My mommy is sick!) Anyway, at 5.30am, Mommy couldn't take the excitement any longer (and also because she needs to pee la!), So to the toilet she goes. And Walla! The stick says PREGNANT. Mommy wakes Daddy up with a scream (at 5.30am. Yes) and they both spouted Alhamdulillah before returning to slumber land (Okay, Mommy did not sleep immediately. She took a picture of the PREGNANT sign and MMS the whole family. At 5.30 am. Yes).


So, from then on, my life begun. From a tiny dot to a peanut, to an olive then to someone called Chic then to the Ayden I am known as today. (You may read Mommy's past notes to know about my growth okay? It's her job to describe me right?!)

Fast forward to present, I have been a blessed child thus far. & for that, I have been giving Mommy a great & hassle free pregnancy too! Well, we give & take la... I don't want my poor Mommy to suffer okay! She is so clumsy & wobbly already! (Ooopsie!)

Mommy reads to me everyday. Though her choice of reading materials have been a little puzzling actually. Stories about World War 2? Dinosaurs? Mommy! How about reading me some fairy tales? A not so scary sounding bedtime story? It's difficult to go to sleep after I imagine how Hitler looks, Okay! Plus Trinosoasterwlk-rex is so difficult to pronouce! & they're extinct! So, why would I care? Hmmmm... (Adults. Again)

While my dearest Daddy... The problem is, my Daddy is a very very busy man. I sometimes hear his voice only once in the morning & once at night (though I can hear him crackling & clanking his teeth in his sleep all night long! Ssshh! Don't tell Daddy but I think my Daddy has super power to be able to make such a beautiful sound every night! I tried doing it but NOTHING! Mommy's edit : You have NO teeth Ayden. So, no teeth = no sound. Pfft.). Ooooh! Like that one eh...? :)

From what Mommy told me, Daddy is always missing cos Daddy is at work. My Daddy is a Film Director. I don't know what that means but I know Daddy screams "Action" & "Cut" a lot at work. Seems like an easy job! I can do that too! Mommy also told me that when I grow up, Daddy wants me to continue his legacy. Screaming "Action" & "Cut" all day? Give it to me anytime! Consider it done Daddy 'O! I so am gonna follow your path and become a Film Director! (Mommy also told me that I can get to mingle with pretty young actresses if I become like Daddy! Woo Hoo! I told you I like girls. Right?)


So, every month, Mommy and Daddy looks forward to our meet & greet session through the grainy ultrasound machine. I actually hates it when that thing poked me right, left, centre. But Mommy seems to enjoy being poked around. So, as a good son. I entertained them by twirling and waving. I know they can see it cos I can hear them talking about it for the rest of the day (The little things we do that seems big to them parents. Weird.). I have become attached to my Doctor. Doctor Surinder. He seems like a very nice man. He always say how happy he is at my development. That means, I made him Happy right? I love making people around me Happy. Mommy says it is a very important task! Making people happy, that is. The world is an unpredictable place, so, one must always be optimistic & happy! My practice starts real early. Thanks Mommy!

Sadly, I overheard Mommy & Daddy recently discussed about not letting Dr S delivers me. Something about I have to be born in Singapore because the registration & administraion here in KL is gonna be a hassle. What?! I thought you guys made up your mind some time ago to let Dr S receives me! I made him happy on many occasion for a reason! To make him take very good care of me when i'm coming out! I trust only HIM! Mommy's edit : We have to go back to Singapore for the Delivery Ayden. It's easier and more practical that way. Daddy won't have to worry every single second about our condition being home alone at those final weeks & we have Nyai, Yai, Mamoo & Mamaa to care for us 24/7 there. Okay son?

Hmph! Told you adults can be fickle sometimes. Butttt... Okay Mom. As long as you'll get a Dr as wonderful as Dr S to care for me please...? Mommy's edit : Of course we will my dear. Singapore has tons of wonderful Medical professionals. Plus if we do it in Singapore, you can meet your Great Grandparents right when you're born. They are too old and frail to travel all the way to Malaysia my dear. I want them to see their latest Great Grandson at your first cry! & your Embah & Tok Ayah! Your brother & sisters! Your cousins, aunties and uncles! Imagine the number of families that's gonna surround us! So, to Singapore we bon-bon okay?

Ooookay. Whatever you said Mommy! Moving on...

Before I end this note, Let me share with you a secret! My Nursery is halfway ready!! Thanks to my Mamoo & Mamaa (YES! My aunty & unkle from HELL. I don't know why they want me to call them those. Weird sounding right? Why can't I call them Mama Moo & Maman Marul like what Nyai suggested? Heck! It's what they want. So, let's just give it to them shall we)


Mamoo & Mamaa were here in my house for the past 3 weeks. So, Daddy & Mommy decides to bully them and asked them to move Daddy's office to another room to make way for my beautiful Nursery. So, Mommy, Mamoo & Mamaa went to get paint & such! It was so exciting! They started off wanting a Green Nursery. Then, it changes to Orange. Blue. Yellow (What did I tell you again about fickle adults??) In the end, we settled for Velvet. So, My nursery is Purple in Colour. Like Barney! Or Chowder! Whichever. But! Mommy & Daddy has yet to shop for my Crib & Cupboard. What's a Nursery without a Crib & Cupboard right? You don't expect me to sleep on the cold hard floor like how you made Daddy do every night do you Mommy?! Mommy's edit : I don't make Daddy sleep on the floor! Daddy chose to do so cos he wants to give Mommy more space on the bed to toss & turn around ALL NIGHT! Reason being, YOU my boy has been giving ME sleepless nights! Understood? GULP! Yes Mommy! -_-* So, I assume, My Crib & Cupboard will come in later la. :)

So, apart from painting, they also managed to create neverending ruckus and chaos everyday/night with their insanity. But, now that they have gone back to Singapore, my house gets too quiet, especially at night. No one talks to me & Mommy. So, ya. I kinda miss them. My Mamoo & Mamaa.



So, there goes, my first Note. Kinda long huh? Can't blame me. My mom herself is a long winded Writer. It runs in my blood.

I'll write again soon. If time permits. Not that I have so much time in my hands. I have barely 8-10 weeks to prepare myself for a bigger occasion okay. My grand arrival!! Mommy's Note : GULP!.


Till then...
Toodle doo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment