Monday, May 14, 2012

The Story of Baby A, Dr. A, Mount A: 19 May 2010

Howdy ya'll!

Me again! Baby A! Have you guys (or hawt sexy girls ferthatmatter) been missing yours truly? But of course right? I know one soul is missing me badly, My Daddy! We've been separated for a good... (look at fingers & start counting) Hmmm... Why are my fingers short,short, long, short, short ah? (look at toes now) Big, long, short, short, short. Weird. Hmmm... Wonders if my big toe tastes as yummy as my thumb. (wriggle to reach big toe & puts in mouth. Ended up swallowing amniotic fluids in between.) Hic... Hic... Hic... (pause) Hic... Hic... Hic...


Mommy's Edit: This boy has very short attention span (wonders where he got that from. Ehem!). He forgets about counting the days Daddy has been away and ended up mesmerized by his toes & thumb instead. Along the way, managed to give himself another hiccup. Chey! I think, I'll take over from here...


Had my second ante-natal check-up with Dr Adrian Woodworth at Thomson Women's Clinic today. During my first appointment 2 weeks ago, I have to say, I was a little hesitant. The clinic is so small & crampy. Sharing waiting area with a group of sick people wasn't a turn on too (since the clinic shares space with another clinic). A stark difference from Dr Surinder's spacious room & Tropicana's big & comfortable waiting area. Why I chose Dr Adrian you asked? Cos his clinic is the nearest to my parents' place (dekat is love). & He comes with high recommendations from online Mummies' forums too!
& Dr Adrian seems to have a million pregnant ladies to see in a short span of 2 hours. Big, small, young, old. Waaaa! This Doctor is very popular, I must say! Minutes gone... I got too bored of waiting and start looking for something to fill my time. I start timing his consults. A name called, couple went in. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. & out they came. 2 minutes max! That is super fast!! My hesitation now made me want to flee the clinic and just go for that KKH appointment I made for the same afternoon (Yes! I had a back-up plan in case Dr A don't give me good vibes)

But the second I decided to leave, my name was called. Me & my Mom waddled (Okay. I waddle. Mom walked like a Supermodel) into the consult room (with me still feeling doubtful). We were greeted by a very handsome cheena gynae with a mat salleh name. Okay. Like the malay sayings, Dari mata turun ke hati. Haha! My hesitation vanished & I bare myself (Okay la. I exagerrate. Tummy region only) to him.

Dr. A asked me about my medical history. Husband's history (Medical. Not who he was previously married to), Baby A's history. & like my every other check-ups with Dr. S before, everything is going perfectly normal. Thank God. Like a smitten teenager, I keep smiling and nodding to his every question & POOF! it was all over so suddenly when Dr A said he'll see me again in 2 weeks time.

What?! That's all?! Waaah! I think when Baby A is older, I may have to reassess his career choice and BEG him to be a Gynae instead of a Film Director lah (Sorry Hubster). 2 minutes of speedy consult cost $140 ley! & he sees like 62643547 pregnant ladies in a day (that's not his phone number by the way. I have his mobile if any of you is interested to stalk him)! Imagine his daily/monthly/yearly earnings! Wow!

Babusyuk, I love you. But I'll love you even more if you're a Gynaecologist. Wanna consider a change of career? Heh!

(FROM HERE ONWARDS IT IS GONNA BE A LONG BORING STORY OF MY HOSPITAL CHOICE. IT'S FOR ME TO READ & REMEMBER 57 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD. YOU GUYS MAY SKIP THIS PART & SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM)

So Okay. Thereafter, I decided that though his style of consult is chop chop off you go, he's an experienced Doctor. He does it with a cute smile (Haha!) & he makes me feel welcomed & comfortable even though I saw him very late into my pregnancy.

I still remember when I called KKH & told them I am in my 34 weeks (then) already, they were hesitant to take me in. They told me that they have to check with the Doctor if he wants to tend to me. (WhatTheFish!) I know. They called me back to say Dr was willing to see me. But was quite adamant that my case is gonna be a very special case thus I have to come with all my previous medical records & referral letter from my previous Gynae (another WhatTheFish!) Of course I know that la! Anyway, what so special about tending to 34 weeks normal pregnant woman ah? Don't other pregnant women go thru their 34 weeks too?

A lot of my dearest friends recommended NUH. But, my Daddy prefers only KKH or Thomson (Yes. Me & Hubby lets Daddy decides as it IS his first Cucu. Give him face a bit la. Ini semua soal maruah hokay! Haha! Right Hub?!) But I do thank my darling girlfriends for all the wonderful tips, advices & recommendations. You ladies are the BEST!

Since Dr A delivers only in Thomson & Mount Alvernia, I have these 2 Hospitals to choose for my D Day. If it's up to my Daddy, Thomson wins hands down of course. But from online researches, I read that Mt. Alvernia is a very warm & wonderful hospital. The staffs treat you well & It is a very homely place. What's with it being a Pro BF Hospital (& I do wanna try my best to feed Baby A thru my Nips), my favour leans towards Mt. A. Hubby gave his nod. Daddy was hesitant. It IS a Catholic Hospital. But they don't baptise each and every Baby, Dad! In fact, a lot of Muslim Mummies delivers n Mt. Alvernia & gave the Hospital two thumbs up! I tried to convince my Old Man but to no avail. So, you know what I did?

I brought Daddy to Mt. A for the Hospital Tour. Orang lain bawak Suami. I brought my Daddy. Haha! & like a blessing in disguise. Or a sign from Allah. (whichever, I thank Allah) We saw 2 cute Muslim babies (Sharifah Hannan Bin Syed Abu Bakar was one of them. I remember!) being wheeled out from the Labour Ward into the Nursery. & They were the cutest thing ever! Daddy went crazy googoogaagaaing at the babies. I know my plan works then! (Haha! Terima Kasih Allah!). Daddy agrees to Mount Alvernia almost immediately. (winkz**)

(OKAY. BORING HOSPITAL CHOICE STORY ENDS HERE)

So, fast forward to 2 weeks later (today), I met Dr Adrian (at his kecoh & crampy clinic) again. Baby A weighs at 2.6kg. Average weight for a 36 weeks fetus. Though thru pictures, I look like I am bursting anytime soon, Baby A is still very much comfortable inside (but not for long though as Dr. A predicted that I will deliver earlier than my EDD).

Another appointment has been set for next week. & I leave Thomson Women's Clinic with this ultrasound print out (for my beloved husband). I know. I don't know what is this too. His butt? His head? His tummy? But I know this is my Baby. :)



Me & Hubby now wait with bated breath. Another 2-4 weeks and we'll have a little boy to change our lives. No more movie dates. No more couple nights out. No more quiet nights. But we are very excited. Really. Come out soon & we will bring you home to our haven back in Villa Damansara. A place where we will live life as a small & happy family. We so deserve it son. You, Me & Daddy. We really hope you would bring nothing but happiness and peace into our lives. We know you would.

Baby A, Mummy & Daddy has gotten you your crib sweetheart! So, please. Love your Daddy more. With all the crap that he has to settle, he still manage to find time (& money) to get you a cute Crib.

We can't wait for your arrival. We being us, your parents, Nyai, Yai, Mamaa & Mamoo. Your Nyai & Yai especially is very excited. Those yummy foods you've been fed with recently. Yes. All are courtesy of your beloved Nyai & Yai. Them, you must love more too. Your Mamoo & Mamaa. They are just happy that they are going to have another to bully. So, you better practice your cute pout starting from now. Trust me. They won't bully you if you act all cutesy.

Till your arrival my son...

Love
Mommy & Your Still-Very-Hard-At-Work Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment